Wednesday 27 May 2020

WALHT - use a hook.

WALHT - use a hook.
Today I was learning how to use juicy verbs, different sentence starters and adjectives.
I enjoyed writing about this recount.
What I found challenging was using adjectives.
My digital learning object shows that I can use juicy verbs, different sentence starters and adjectives.
Next time I would change some of the writing.

                                                                        Beach

Running through the hot burning sand, I got to the water as quick as a flash. It’s hard to run on the hot sand. Sticks and shells just got in the way. Oh no! A big, dark, deep hole. Finally we made it to the water and waves. 

My brother tried to defect the waves. He was no match for the waves. Waves kicked him down, tripping him up. He stopped and stomped all the way to the beach.

A few minutes later I was on my back in the water , and… OWW! A tiny little crab pinched me. I ran as fast as I could, out of the water and onto the hot sand. It wasn’t that hot because  I was in the water. 

Everyone was tired so mum bought us ice cream. My little brother, my other little brother and I had a race. Whoever finished their ice cream last won. Mum also bought us hot chips. Ice cream and hot chips are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.